Saturday, September 5, 2015

Queen

There is a game
we all are trained to play
We become
chess masters 
from the very beginning
We learn 
what we are supposed to 
to be seen and not heard
Do what I say and not what I do
The rules are laid out
from the slightest disapproving glance
to a blistering backhand
We are engrained
inscripted
accutely
cognitively
encoded
with directions
on how to
curb
smooth
edit 
censor
and gage 
the truth
before we even know what it is
and then, before we know it
we cannot handle it
we can't handle hearing it 
and we can't handle telling it 
which is a shame
because if you leave this 
human 
being
without telling your whole truth 
the raw truth 
the pure truth 
about who you really are 
then your time here 
will feel incomplete 
you will writhe like so many others
in your uncomfortable death bed
Your travels to the other side 
made even more painful and rough
and is death not scary enough?

When I am finally laid out
I hope to rest in peace 
because I surely do not right now 
for those in my life 
who will not tell me their truth 
because they can't
they won't
they shouldn't 
they're afraid 
they don't understand 
or they do
stink to high heaven
because they are full of bullshit 
will 
not 
waste 
your 
time
because I refuse to waste mine
So 
do 
not 
waste 
my 
time
because you should not waste your own
Life is too priceless
to spend on mindless exercise 
such as strategy
I am not a pawn that begins battles for you 
or a knight who serves and protects
I am not a sly rook
Nor a stable bishop
Certainly not an idle king
I am a Queen 
who can move in 
any 
direction 
she wants

So if you approach me with the mindset of playing a game
be ready for what I toss back at you 
because my life doesn't follow the rules
my truth usually breaks them 
and I am tired 
of trying to figure out my opponents strategy 
Life isn't a game to me
You may be having fun
but be careful 
Consider this your fair warning 

have 
nothing 
more
to 
lose
and that may make me dangerous 
because I 
am not playing
anymore.

No comments: