Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Carry

My uncle died

I had very little relationship with him

because he had relations with me

when I was very little


He was the angriest person I knew

Except for me

Now I am left 

Desperately trying not to carry on that legacy


Anger is a virus

that my whole family carries

Living on lies and conspiracy theory

and passing without a vaccine


My uncle died

His heart failed him

'cuz he never learned 

to have one


I dont know 

if anyone ever gave him one

The only thing I do know

is that they gave him this sickness


They spread it all around

to the next generation

A legacy of literacy

in hopeless disassociation


My uncle died

Maybe I will feel something

if I keep repeating it

but I don’t


I dont even feel angry

Not a smidgen of relief

Not a sniffle

Or even a tickle in my throat


But I got my vaccination anyway

Because a virus never leaves the body

So I will make sure 

it remains all mine


No comments: