Thursday, January 22, 2015

Feed

I think
I glimpsed
the flickering sparks
of long stored reserves
of undiscovered rocket fuel
I can feel an ember burning
glowing brighter
everytime I feed it oxygen
Lovely smoke is rising
blinking as I walk through it
wafting
slowly
curling
around me
for me
from me
I am smoldering
in incubation
with desire
building
a little bigger
a little fuller
a little hotter
a little deeper
each day
Starting at the core of me
the red center
is spreading quietly
Sparks fly on occasion
moments of understanding
that whistle through me
bursting in brief firework displays
keep me blowing
on the bed of hot coals forming
I back away when the heat singes my face
However, it won't be long
A thick, seared and calloused skin is forming
not protecting me from
but merging me with
the flames that are soon to be born
Licking my face
Nipping at my lips
Soon to howl through me
like the worship of a full moon in the new spring
My forest will rage
fierce and fast
with illuminating light
the past lives of old growth
will create fertile ash
with which to nourish and grow renewed
Until then
in the winter of my soul
I shall crouch around the circle of stones
watch the shooting stars that rocket across the sky with anticipation
listen to the animals that emerge from my midnight
and sing beautiful
breath filled
stirring
soul full songs
to this accumulating collection of pulsing embers
soon 

to be
a reawakened

inferno

Jan. 2015

No comments: