Monday, November 18, 2019

Mining My Undermining

Undermining: 
the action or process 
of lessening 
the effectiveness, power or ability 
of someone or something
gradually
insidiously

Alpine Germanic roots: 
to weaken, hinder, or impair
to erode the base or foundation
to dig a hole underneath
the mountain I am climbing
making it likely to collapse 
Historically, culturally, generationally tested
No wonder I am so good at it
I had lots of examples

Originally spelled with a 'y' instead of an 'i':
To myne is mine
To undermyne another
holds the echo of self sabotage
Shout my name into the canyon
Shake the ground with fear
If captive by the patterns of protection
then unable to cease the egoic projection
So consumed by the energy exerted 
to hold you underground
that I must stay there too 
A design that guarantees 
neither one of us 
will ever get to see the light of day

No comments: